The Executive Director serves as Chief Executive Officer of the Women’s Fund, an endowed fund of the Community Foundation of Southeastern Massachusetts. S/he is responsible for overseeing and managing all activities, staff and volunteers in the work of raising money to fund programs that will advance the educational attainment and economic security of women and girls. S/he and the Leadership Council share responsibility for long-term strategic planning and priority setting. The Executive Director, in collaboration with the Leadership Council is responsible for development and implementing all fundraising plans and activities and has responsibility for the development, management and evaluation of Women’s Fund’s operations, finances and human resources. S/he works closely with the Leadership Council Chair, and with the Treasurer and Finance Committee to prepare annual budgets and monthly and annual financial reports.
The Executive Director of the Women’s Fund reports to the President of the Community Foundation and is accountable to the Leadership Council of the Women’s Fund for fulfilling all job responsibilities.
- Provide creative and energetic leadership to guide Women’s Fund mission-driven work and to ensure its long-term viability and financial stability
- Drive the Women’s Fund communication and public relations program making it relevant in the 21st century
- Support the Leadership Council and Development Committee in all fundraising and stewardship efforts
Fundraising and Grant-making
- Work closely with the Development Committee and Leadership Council, staff and volunteers to raise funds necessary to fulfill the organization’s mission
- Facilitate and monitor high impact grant-making with direct or staff support for the annual grant-making process
- Maintain donor relations, acknowledge gifts and stewardship efforts in a timely and professional manner
- Work closely with the Community Foundation leadership
- Cultivate and maintain enduring relationships with current and potential donors; develop new initiatives and programs to increase philanthropic giving
- Build partnerships with state and local government and allied organizations and agencies to promote the quality of life for women and girls
- Hire, supervise, and review the staff
- Recruit, manage, review and reward diverse volunteers to help advance Women’s Funds goals and mission
- Prepare, oversee and report on a balanced operating budget
- Other duties as assigned
The WOMEN’S FUND is seeking a dynamic, experienced leader who will welcome the challenge of implementing an ambitious strategic plan and make a commitment to building the Fund’s capacity and impact over time. The ideal candidate is a systems-oriented, energetic, visionary. S/he will have a passion for the organization’s mission, a proven record in fundraising and solid management credentials. A graduate degree in non-profit Management or a related field is preferred, along with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the field that includes management experience. A Bachelor’s degree is required. The Executive Director must be available for meetings and events that take place in the evenings and on weekends.
The successful candidate will bring many of the following qualifications and attributes:
- Personal alignment with the Women’s Fund’s mission, social justice and the needs of women in Southeastern Massachusetts
- Enthusiasm for and ability to fundraise with prior success generating funds from a variety of sources
- Strong communication skills and an ability to motivate volunteers and stakeholders
- Demonstrated record of partnership and collaboration with others, including advocacy and public policy
- Experience in working with or reporting to a volunteer leadership group is ideal
- Ability to measure and demonstrate results quantitatively and qualitatively
- A positive, can-do outlook and a sense of humor
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time position with benefits. Salary is negotiable depending on education and experience
Applications should be submitted electronically to Jeanette Doyle at email@example.com and include a resume and cover letter. All applications will be kept confidential.
WOMEN’S FUND is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates.